Every year, new computers come out that run Microsoft’s Windows operating system. Dell, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, and other Windows laptop brands will likely have faster computers, better screens, and longer battery lives.
With so many choices, it can be hard to pick the best Windows laptop for your needs. In this post, I will talk about and compare the best Windows laptops that you can buy.
Check out my list of the hottest Windows computers that are already available this year.
If you’re a fan of Windows, don’t go without checking out my guide on the best laptops for different needs to find the perfect fit.
1. Best Overall: Dell XPS 15
A Sweet Spot of Price, Performance, and Portability
The Dell XPS 15 is, without a doubt, the best Windows laptop for most people. It strikes a perfect balance between price, performance, and portability. The slim design is not only aesthetically pleasing but also highly functional.
If you opt for the OLED display upgrade coupled with the best internals, you get a surprisingly powerful and good-looking Windows 11 ultraportable. An Intel Core i7-13700H CPU and Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 GPU power the 15.6-inch OLED touchscreen, which has a resolution of 3,456 x 2,160 pixels. With 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD, it’s a powerhouse.
- CPU Performance: The Dell XPS 15 is equipped with an Intel Core i7-13700H, which is a high-performance processor ideal for multitasking and resource-intensive applications.
- GPU Capabilities: It comes with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060, which is excellent for gaming and graphic design.
- Display Quality: The 15.6-inch OLED touchscreen with a resolution of 3,456 x 2,160 ensures crisp and vibrant visuals.
- Build Materials: It boasts a premium build with a combination of aluminum and carbon fiber, ensuring durability and a lightweight design.
- Additional Features: It includes a backlit keyboard for comfortable typing in dim environments.
2. Best Value: Asus Zenbook 13 OLED
Exceptional Performance Without Breaking the Bank
If you are looking for value, the Asus Zenbook 13 OLED is your best bet. At less than a thousand bucks, it offers an eye-catching 1080p OLED display and exceptional battery life in a slim, lightweight package. It’s powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with integrated Radeon graphics, 8GB of RAM, and 512GB of storage.
- CPU Performance: This laptop features an AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, which is known for its excellent performance and power efficiency.
- GPU Capabilities: Integrated Radeon graphics are capable of handling everyday tasks and light gaming.
- Display Quality: The 13-inch 1080p OLED display ensures sharp images and excellent color reproduction.
- Build Materials: It has a sleek and sturdy aluminum body.
- Additional Features: It includes a backlit keyboard and runs on the Windows operating system.
3. Best 2-in-1: Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360
A Convertible That Doesn’t Compromise
The Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 is the best Windows 2-in-1 laptop that you can get your hands on. It’s super thin, light, and folds into a tablet. The 1080p AMOLED touchscreen is simply gorgeous, and the packed-in stylus is a nice touch. It’s powered by an Intel Core i7, with options ranging from 8 to 16GB of RAM and 256GB to 1TB of storage.
- CPU Performance: Powered by an Intel Core i7, it’s well-suited for both productivity and entertainment.
- GPU Capabilities: It features Intel Iris Xe Graphics.
- Display Quality: The 1080p AMOLED touchscreen is vibrant and has excellent contrast ratios.
- Build Materials: It has a premium aluminum build and a 360-degree hinge for versatility.
- Additional Features: It includes a stylus, runs on the Windows operating system, a 1080p Full HD webcam, and a fingerprint reader.
4. Best for Professionals: Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
Excellent Choice for Professionals and Creatives
The Surface Laptop Studio is an excellent choice for professionals and creatives who need high-performance computing on the go. It features a powerful 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti GPU, a high-refresh-rate PixelSense Flow touchscreen, and a robust and premium build with a unique hinge design.
- CPU Performance: The Surface Laptop Studio is equipped with an 11th-Gen Intel Core i7 processor, making it one of the most powerful laptops in the Surface lineup. This makes it an excellent choice for professionals and creatives who need high-performance computing on the go.
- GPU Capabilities: It features an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti GPU, which can handle demanding tasks such as 3D rendering, video editing, and gaming with ease.
- Display Quality: The Laptop Studio boasts a 14.4-inch PixelSense Flow touchscreen display with a 120Hz refresh rate, offering smooth visuals and excellent touch responsiveness.
- Build Materials: It has a robust and premium build with a unique hinge design that allows it to switch between laptop, stage, and studio modes.
- Additional Features: It includes a backlit keyboard, a large precision trackpad, and runs on the Windows operating system. It also supports the Surface Slim Pen 2, which is stored and charged beneath the front of the device.
5. Best for DIY Enthusiasts: The Framework Laptop
The Ultimate Customizable Experience
The Framework Laptop is a truly unique Windows ultraportable that’s remarkably repairable and upgradeable. It’s the anti-MacBook, designed to be easy to upgrade and repair while delivering style and performance without compromise. Plus, the unique Expansion Card system is a must-see.
- CPU Performance: The Framework Laptop comes with a range of CPU options, from the 11th Gen Intel Core i5 to the i7, allowing you to choose the level of performance that suits your needs. These processors are capable of handling a wide range of tasks, from everyday productivity to more demanding applications.
- GPU Capabilities: The laptop features Intel Iris Xe Graphics, which provide solid performance for everyday tasks and light gaming. The GPU is integrated into the processor, which helps to keep the laptop slim and power-efficient.
- Display Quality: The Framework Laptop boasts a 13.5-inch display with a 3:2 aspect ratio, which is great for productivity tasks as it offers more vertical space than typical 16:9 displays. The screen has a resolution of 2256 x 1504 pixels, ensuring sharp and vibrant visuals.
- Build Materials and Design: The Framework Laptop has a sleek and sturdy aluminum chassis. But what sets it apart is its modular design. Almost every component, including the memory, storage, battery, keyboard, and even the ports, can be easily replaced or upgraded. This not only extends the lifespan of the laptop but also allows you to customize it to your specific needs.
- Additional Features: The Framework Laptop comes with a backlit keyboard for comfortable typing in dim environments. It also includes a 1080p webcam, which is a step up from the 720p webcams found in most laptops. The laptop runs on the Windows operating system.
6. Best for Gaming: Asus Zephyrus G14
Portable Powerhouse for the Avid Gamer
The Asus Zephyrus G14 is the best-value gaming laptop for most people. It’s neither the fastest nor the biggest gaming laptop around, but it has the chops to run most games at solid frame rates, the power efficiency to be used as a work laptop in a pinch, and a slim, elegant chassis that’s more portable than most gaming laptops.
- CPU performance: The Zephyrus G14 uses an AMD Ryzen 9 processor, one of the most potent mobile CPUs available. This ensures smooth performance even when running demanding games or multitasking with resource-intensive applications.
- GPU Capabilities: The laptop features an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, a high-end graphics card that can handle the latest AAA games at high settings. It also supports real-time ray tracing, which can provide more realistic lighting and reflections in supported games.
- Display Quality: The Zephyrus G14 boasts a 14-inch display with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz, ensuring smooth and responsive gameplay. The display also covers 100% of the sRGB color space, making it great for content creation as well as gaming.
- Build Materials and Design: Despite its powerful internals, the Zephyrus G14 is surprisingly compact and lightweight. It has a magnesium-alloy chassis that is both durable and light, and its unique dot matrix design on the lid gives it a distinctive look.
- Additional Features: The laptop includes a backlit keyboard with good key travel and a comfortable layout for gaming. It also features a range of ports for connectivity, including USB-C with DisplayPort and Power Delivery, HDMI, and USB-A ports. The Zephyrus G14 runs on the Windows operating system.
Conclusion: The Choice is Yours
The best Windows laptops are more than just machines; they are an investment in your future. Whether you need the raw power of the Asus Zephyrus G14 for gaming, the versatility of the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360, or the customizability of the Framework Laptop, there is something for everyone.
The choice is yours, and the possibilities are endless.
Q. What should I look for in a Windows laptop in 2023?
ℹ️ A: In 2023, you should look for a Windows laptop with at least an Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB of RAM, a solid-state drive (SSD), and a high-resolution display. Additionally, consider the build quality, battery life, and ports available.
Q. Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11?
ℹ️ A: Yes, upgrading to Windows 11 can be worthwhile as it offers a more streamlined and modern user interface, better gaming performance, and enhanced security features.
Q. What is the advantage of an OLED display in a laptop?
ℹ️ A: OLED displays offer better contrast ratios, more vibrant colors, and faster refresh rates compared to traditional LCDs. This makes them ideal for content creation, gaming, and media consumption.
Q. How much RAM do I need in a Windows laptop?
ℹ️ A: For general use, 8GB of RAM is sufficient. However, if you are into gaming, video editing, or other resource-intensive tasks, 16GB or more is recommended.
Q. What is the significance of having a dedicated GPU in a laptop?
ℹ️ A: A dedicated GPU is essential for tasks that are graphic intensive such as gaming, video editing, 3D modeling, and rendering. It takes the load off the CPU and ensures smoother performance.
Q. How important is battery life on a Windows laptop?
ℹ️ A: Battery life is crucial if you need to use your laptop on the go. A longer battery life means you can work or play for extended periods without having to plug in.
Q. What are the benefits of a 2-in-1 laptop?
ℹ️ A: A 2-in-1 laptop offers the flexibility of being used as a traditional laptop or a tablet. This is especially useful for artists, designers, or anyone who prefers a touch interface.
Q. How can I ensure the longevity of my Windows laptop?
ℹ️ A: To ensure the longevity of your Windows laptop, keep it updated, avoid overloading the storage, clean it regularly, and use a cooling pad if necessary.
Q. Are gaming laptops only for gaming?
ℹ️ A: No, gaming laptops are not just for gaming. They are high-performance machines that can also be used for video editing, 3D modeling, and other resource-intensive tasks.
Q. What makes the Framework Laptop unique?
ℹ️ A: The Framework Laptop is unique because it is designed to be easily upgradeable and repairable. It allows you to swap out components like the screen, keyboard, and ports, ensuring that your laptop stays up-to-date with the latest hardware.
Q. How do I choose the right laptop from all the laptops available on the market?
ℹ️ A: Choosing the right laptop from all the laptops available in the market can seem complex, but it becomes easier when you know what to look for. Start by identifying your needs and budget.
If you need a laptop for general use, an entry-level model with a decent processor, 8GB of RAM, and a solid-state drive (SSD) should suffice.
If you’re into gaming or content creation, look for a laptop with a powerful CPU, a dedicated GPU, and a high-quality display. Always consider the laptop’s build quality, battery life, and the availability of ports that you need.
Q. Are laptops with Windows 10 still a good choice in 2023?
ℹ️ A: Yes, laptops with Windows 10 are still a viable choice in 2023. While Windows 11 is the latest operating system from Microsoft, Windows 10 continues to be a robust and reliable platform. It’s compatible with a wide range of software and hardware, and Microsoft has committed to supporting it with updates until October 14, 2025.
However, if you’re buying a new laptop, it’s worth considering a model that comes with Windows 11 or is eligible for a free upgrade to ensure you have access to the latest features and improvements.
Other Related Articles: